Re: Dead track area dcc

Brad Ketchen <bketchen@...>

Gary.. I'd actually suggest feeders at every 3 foot section of track. And for turnouts..I have no problem with Micro Engineering turnouts...and I run DCC/DC with a DPDT switch.

cheers,
Brad

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Gary Chudzinski <chudgr@...> wrote:

IMHO, I would never depend on rail joiners for electrical conductivity.  I solder power drops every six feet, in the middle of two three foot sections of flex track soldered together using #18 solid wire (for Code 100 rail) on the outside of the rails. Could also use rail joiners, however, if the joint ever needs to be separated, it's a major unsoldering job! One has to be particularly aware there is power to the turnout's short sections of track exiting an isolated frog. I have yet to have any track power problems using these procedures.

Gary Chudzinki