Re: Detecting shorts?

wirefordcc

One more thing about using digital voltmeters with audible continuity checking.  For some reason, some have a delay before beeping.  The delay can be several seconds before sounding.  My meter is like this.  While this isn’t the end of the world, it can be annoying.  I want to know the instant that I am about to make a shorting connection than after I’m have done the connection.

The meters also have some sort of visual indication that a short has been made, but the beauty of using a beeping device is that you can be wiring anywhere on your layout without having to be able to have a clear view of the meter.

Food for thought!

Allan Gartner  WiringForDCC.com