From: robwwilson@...
Sent: Jun 19, 2018 4:50 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: [w4dccqa] Detecting shorts?

Hi - many sites recommend using a homemade short circuit detection buzzer while laying track. I’m wondering if a continuity setting on a multimeter would accomplish the same thing? In other words, if you connected a lead to each rail and you had crossed your wires, would the continuity beep on the multimeter indicating that you had a flow of current from one rail to the other? Or would that not work?
_._,_._,_