From: w4dccqa@groups.io [mailto:w4dccqa@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Eiland
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2018 1:10 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: [w4dccqa] Wiring a Helix for DCC

I've seen a few references that suggest it is NOT necessary to run the bus-lines along the track route in a spiral helix, but rather just run the track feeders lines down one of the vertical legs (post) to the bus wires at the bottom. I thought this was a good idea.

My question is how many of these vertical connections should be made?

My helix is a double track affair with radii of 32.5” and 29.5”. I have plans to stagger the rail joints, and to solder all the rail joints,...code 100 Atlas rail.

Considering this sort of relatively small radius/circumference, I'm thinking I need only one feeder set of wires for each elevation/loop of the helix. And perhaps these feeders wires might be sized a bit larger than normal??