Re: Manual Reversing loop wiring

dvollrath@...

Ken, I have never seen a toggle switch purposely made to make before break. Slide and rotary switches can be made that way. But I have seen multi-pole toggle switches where there is an offset in the throw mechanism where one pole flips before the others. To prevent the possibility of a timing/position offset causing a short... Connect the center moving OUTPUT side (switch roller/wiper) contacts to the load, and the cross-wired INPUT side from the source. Then at worst both wires to the track load might be momentarily connected to the same polarity rather than causing a short circuit on the DCC/power source.

DonVĀ