Re: Manual Reversing loop wiring

Do they make toggles that are not break before make?  Rotary switches are made this way but I am not aware of toggle switches and I have been an electronics technician and engineer for 40 years.  Some kind of circuit protection so that the loop is shut down if a train bridges the loop is still a good idea as folks are known to run turnouts.  If the toggle controls the turnout that feeds the loop then a train should never bridge the turnout and therefore the loop when it is thrown.  On my layout I am using a relay that is controlled by the same computerized remote control that controls my turnout.  The change is completely seamless even when the train is in motion on the loop.  I do use my own low cost automatic fuses (www.voltscooter.com) to protect the loop.

Best,

Ken Harstine