Re: Reverse Loop inside another reverse loop

dvollrath@...

I agree. Post a sketch showing the track layout and things you name so we can mark it up and send more thorough suggestions.
But... any loco that stays inside the A-R controlled section while another loco/train enters/exits over A-R/main boundaries will not be affected by a change in A-R section polarity. Trouble occurs only when two different A-R boundaries are being crossed at the same time. The polarity of a wye stub can be selected by the position of the last turnout leading up to. If the sub-bus feed for that stub and turnout happens to be an A-R section controller... so be it.

DonV

---In WiringForDCC@..., <pomilian@...> wrote :

Ed, a diagram posted in the photo section would sure be helpful.
Paul O

On May 9, 2018, at 2:19 PM, Ed Robinson lehighman@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Thanks Don & Steve. I believe I understand each of your explanations but a short description of operations is in order.

This is a short reverse loop because it only leads to a small quarry where one or two cars would be loaded. Movement of the cars within the quarry is done with a small switcher. Cars would be delivered to/from the quarry from the mainline using mainline locos so they would cross the wye and enter the quarry, drop off/pick up the cars, then exit the quarry via the wye. It is also possible for the quarry switcher to move the cars to/from the quarry by crossing the wye and drop off/pick up on one of the mainline legs of the wye. So, one of my questions is: can you have an operating loco in the mainline reverse loop and at the same time have the quarry loco move across the wye to move cars? If not, then a solution is to never have the quarry switcher cross the wye but this limits my ability to move the switcher to somewhere else on the layout - the engine shed in town for instance.

Ed Robinson