Re: Hopefully starting new layout

Timothy Holmes

dont worry, Im not going anywhere place near anything bachman

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 12:55 PM Affordable Roofing Contractors vmarino2009@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Tim the only advice I would give you is to stay away from Bachmann EZ track and turnouts. I too just started a new layout this past December and am so disgusted I wasn't warned about the inferior quality of Bachmann track and turnouts. I can attest to the NCE quality products you'll love the way they work. Good luck.

Sincerely,
Vincent Marino
Vincent Marino
Affordable Roofing Contractors
Project Manager
904-260-7663 office

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 8:59 PM, Tim Holmes taholmes160@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

HI guys -- im hopefully starting a layout this weekend with a test module -- the layout will be made of 1x2 foot sections (for ease of handling) -- my thoughts are 10 or 12 gauge wire for the power bus, and ideally 20 or 22 gauge risers to the track -- every section to have a riser on it to ensure good connections.

I'll probably strip back sections of the bus, and solder the risers to it again to ensure good connectivity.

What else should I be doing -- I am planning to use NCE system, and I really want to get this right the FIRST time

TIM
San Luis and Rio Grande
--

Tim