Re: Hopefully starting new layout

vincent marino

Thanks Mark for your encouragement. It's my first serious layout on a 5x12 table. Going DCC and planning on as many loco as I can fit :), maybe 12. I have several areas to park them i.e. diesel shed, roundhouse. I had the tracks and turnouts running great before I went underneath with the wiring and track weathering. Now the track blocks are fine but the turnout block is an issue. Every turnout seems to have a short. When I remove them one by one off the layout each turnout exhibits a short. I'm beyond frustrated and disappointed. I really don't want to switch to a different manufacturer, I have bachmann ez track, but I may have to if I can't figure it out soon. Thanks for hearing my vent and again for your encouragement.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018, 12:19 AM marcdecapri@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Tim and Vince....

I have been Model Railroading since 1959, as a Six Year Old...Beginning Quitting and then beginning all over again.
===> My first word of advice....
This too will change.
Getting it right the first time?
Good Luck with that, cause I don't think it's gonna happen.
===
What I would suggest...
Let us know what Locomotives you intend to use...and how long a Train would you like to run on it ?
Next..
How much space do you have to work with?
===
Here's the thing yet I don't mean to discourage you...but the trick is simply to SURVIVE your first layout.
Good Luck
:)) Mark