Short Buss Wire Gauge

Greg Williams <gregw66@...>

I am planning a small switching layout, 2'x6'. It will be wooden frame with cross braces every 2 feet. This allows 3 "spaces" I am planning to run a 16 AWG buss from the circuit breaker set at 1.5A max to a distribution block in each 2'x2' space under the layout. The feeders for the track would be run from the distribution block. 20 AWG wire. The most I will have is 2 locos at any one time and most of the time only one. I am thinking with these short runs and low current, 16 AWG will be enough. It is local and inexpensive.

GregW66