Re: Best ho switches

Kurt Konrath

If you really want to get this discussion going on who’s the best how about using hand made switches?

I build all my switches by hand now.

Most using the Fast-tracks jigs for assembly off layout.

If done properly the work great with proper look and no shorts. You can power frogs easy as well!

Kurt K

On Apr 23, 2018, at 12:11 PM, Affordable Roofing Contractors vmarino2009@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

All of the above. The bachmann switches have a short internallyand it throws the circuit breaker. I've removed several switches and they exhibit a short off the layout (I have a device that checks for shorts)

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 12:18 PM Greg Williams gregw66@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

What do you mean by a "short"? This term is confusing sometimes because some refer to a loss of power as a short but a short is actually a short circuit where the controller goes into a protection mode. So what exactly happens on the turnouts? Does the loco loose power or does the power supply (DCC? DC?) go into a short protection mode?

Greg Williams