Re: Best ho switches

Dale Gloer

I have about 100 Peco code 75 Electrofrog switches installed, all using Tortoise machines for motion and to power route the frogs.  No stalls ever with any loco, even the real short ones.  Installed for about 13 years and the only problems are when a Tortoise switch contacts fail and the frog goes dead.  And yes I have had to repair the contacts in 5 Tortoises so far.   When I installed them I also made the modifications to make them electrically bullet proof - aka DCC friendly.  See Section 2-12b at this link - the photos are how I did mine.  http://www.wiringfordcc.com/switches_peco.htm

Dale Gloer