904-449-6339  mobile
www.bestaffordablecontractors.com

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:48 PM, DAVID KLEMM davidklemm7511@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

You can’t hook the frog straight to a buss wire. When a turnout is in the closed position, it needs power from one wire and when it is thrown it needs power from the other wire.

David Klemm
8 Plus

From: WiringForDCC@... <WiringForDCC@...> on behalf of Affordable Roofing Contractors vmarino2009@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 2:05:58 PM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Bachmann ez Trac switches

I appreciate your reply, let me answer your good questions:

Was everything OK then suddenly the problem developed? It was working fine when I had the table wired from the top of the table, switches all worked fine. The only thing different is I painted the tracks, ran the feeder wires to the respective block bus wire and hooked up the frog wires to one side of the bus line (there was only one wire from the frog) Is the whole layout one big electrical system (no blocks)  the table has 6 blocks. It's the switch block with the short problem. or can you isolate and test sections one by one?  I'm desperate and planning on removing each switch and test it for an internal short, but before I do that just today I had a buddy look at it with me and we discovered that some gaps between track and frogs are closer than others, perhaps in fitting the tracks together at the final installation. I'm going to use a dremel and make the close gaps open a little more. Have you added track work which incidentally created a wye or a reversing loop without wiring for that?  I have not added any track it's a new table layout.

With no rolling stock at all on the track do you have shorts i..e. breaker breaking? only yes, I have a buzzer set up that allows me to test track. All the other blocks no problem, engine will run on them until it hits the switch block.

From pictures on eBay these switches all seem to have plastic frogs....  the frogs are metal and have one wire coming from underneath to power the frog. They don't tell you which side of the bus to hook it up.  So I don’t understand your comment about frog wires.

How many switches are installed on your layout? 8 How large is the layout?  5x12

thanks again for your input

Sincerely,
Vincent Marino
Vincent Marino
Affordable Roofing Contractors
Project Manager
904-260-7663 office
904-683-2914 fax
904-449-6339  mobile
www.bestaffordablecontractors.com

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Charles Brumbelow mrb37211@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

Was everything OK then suddenly the problem developed? Is the whole layout one big electrical system (no blocks) or can you isolate and test sections one by one? Have you added track work which incidentally created a wye or a reversing loop without wiring for that?

With no rolling stock at all on the track do you have shorts i.e. breaker breaking?

From pictures on eBay these switches all seem to have plastic frogs...... So I don’t understand your comment about frog wires.

How many switches are installed on your layout? How large is the layout?

Good luck

Charles

On Apr 15, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Affordable Roofing Contractors vmarino2009@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

All my switches are shorting. I've removed the frog wires from the bus line, still shorting. Any suggestions (besides replacing the whole layout)?