Re: Converting a brass E-60 2-8-0 to DCC

Nick Ostrosky

Thank you for all the responses. I did stumble across this link which appears to be identical to mine.

https://brasstrains.com/Classic/Product/Detail/082378/HO-Brass-Model-Sun-Dancer-B-O-Baltimore-Ohio-2-8-0-E-60-Unpainted

The motor does appear to be a DC "can" type, but whether that is suitable for DCC, especially with a loco dating to 1987, has me wondering.

The rail picks split between loco and tender also had me asking the same question about crossing a block, especially my two reversing sections.

Any guidance on how to overcome that, if it is a concern, would be appreciated.