Problems with booster districts - double gaps

rsauerbrun

Hi ... we have a fairly large, all Digitrax layout with the following gear: DCS100 (not providing track power), 3 DB150 boosters, 4 BDL168s for occupancy, 6 SE8Cs for signaling, and 24 DS64s to control our Tortoise machines. We use the recommended Direct Home wiring, have double gapped all tracks between booster districts, and have installed a ground reference wire between the DCS100, the 3 DB150s, and the 4 BDL168s. However, when we test rail continuity over the double gaps, we hear a strange beep, beep, beep from our multi-meter. It sounds almost like a busy signal on the telephone. We were expecting no sound at all, proving that the gap exists. We have triple checked the rail gaps, all our bus wires and track feeders and have nothing crossing the gaps. The only wire that connects the districts (other than LocoNet) is the DCC ground reference. We noticed the issue when locos would hesitate at the district boundary and then continue on. Has anyone seen this before? Where should we look further? Thank you