You may also want to join the JMRI yahoo group, though it's primary purpose is software support of all systems.  JMRI's decoder pro makes hand-programming of locomotive CVs a distant memory (nightmare).  The software is free, the support is via the user group, and they are very responsive to newbies.

Others may have their own favorites.  Hope this helps, it's a bit much of a swallow all at one go.

Blair

On 2018-01-07 15:57, Tom Anderson tanderson@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:
Blair,
          Just noticed that you are using Digitrax. Like Vincent, I am also very new to DCC and purchased a Digitrax system for my small layout.
          I get extremely frustrated with the worthless manual that Digitrax supplies.
          Do you happen to know where a newbie could get some simple instruction on how to use the Digitrax system? Programming? Setup? Etc?
          Thanks!
Tom Anderson
Business Information Systems, Inc.
P.O. Box 160396