Re: new dcc HO layout

vincent marino

Don thanks for the advice. Yes I purchased the PH-PRO-R it comes with the command station integrated with a 5 amp power station, UTP panel and cables. Additionally, I purchase a separate power supply for the pro cab.  I also purchased a separate PB-5 amp booster that will give me a total 10 amps so I can run up to 10 loco.

The wiring of the pro cab and pb5 is my next challenge. I'm thinking they can both go into a wire terminal that separates into power sections. Or does the pro cab power station daisy chain into the pb5 then to the wire terminal?  That's what I need to find out.

I'm going to take your advice and leave the circuit breakers off for the time being.  I purchased a buzzer that I will use when installing the track. I understand it will buzz if I install a feeder wire wrong.

I am so new to DCC but very excited about the challenges and rewards. I appreciate your input.

Sincerely,
Vincent Marino
Vincent Marino
Affordable Roofing Contractors
Project Manager
904-260-7663 office
904-683-2914 fax
904-449-6339  mobile
www.bestaffordablecontractors.com

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 2:32 PM, dvollrath@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

Vincent, I agree w/ Allan. Your layout can be handled easily with a single cab (the NCE ProCab) and a single 5 amp booster. But there must also be an NCE command station. Did you actually purchase an NCE ProwerPro wireless system that contains the command station (DCC brains) in the same box as the booster, and came with the ProCab hand-held throttle and plug-in power supply? The wireless system also comes with a wireless transmitter box and the ProCab should already have its part of the wireless transmitter built-in. Also get at least one  UTP universal plug panel for the NCE control bus for plug-in operation. You will need all those pieces.

For a single operator RR, separating your 8 x 12 layout into 6 circuit breaker power districts is overkill. Test your track and wiring as you build to prevent construction/connection issues. A single operator will easily know when and where derailments occur.