Re: Wireless DCC tether between steam engine and tender

Richard Gagnon

I have done that. A DZ125 in the 0-6-0 loco and a Tsunami micro in the tender. You need all wheels picking up.

Rich

On Monday, December 18, 2017, 10:13 PM, bigboy@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:

You can avoid running lots of wires between a locomotive and a tender by using two decoders.  I've put a locomotive decoder in the boiler and put a sound decoder in the tender.  At the time I did this, I used a sound only decoder so I didn't have a light on the tender.  My particular tender didn't have a light on it any.  If you want a rear light on your tender, using a motor/sound decoder like Soundtraxx sells.

Then all you need to do is set both decoders to the same address.  This will work on any DCC layout and many locomotives.  Ideally, you use a locomotive that picks up power in both the locomotive and tender.  If not, you might have to run one or two wires between them.

Allan
Wiring For DCC