Re: Wireless DCC tether between steam engine and tender

Edward Sargent

Glenn’s points are correct, we reached the decision we did because the investment in locos and NCE gear for the club was just too much to set aside for a new system and having 2 types of throttles a little confusing. Additionally club members who like to bring their own equipment from home or other clubs would be a problem.

For someone just starting out and not in a club or shared layout environment it would be the best system, if you discount having to swap out the factory installed DCC components on every purchase, not to mention features that some other systems have.

From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...]
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 7:11 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: RE: [WiringForDCC] Wireless DCC tether between steam engine and tender

You can download an HC simulator to a PC.

IMHO The RailPro system is superior to DCC.
1 It is R/C.
2 The controller is touch screen so you choose engines by an icon.
3 You can upload photos of engines / accessories to the controller.
4 You can upload sounds as well.
5 you can run several loco simultaneously, no toggling between just two. If a loco is powered up it is available on the HC.
6 There is no need for a programming track.
7 Programming adjustments (CVs) can be done on the main.
8 You only need the controller and decoders. No base station, just power on the rails or batteries.

I have had no problem running my RailPro engines on either NCE or Digitrax layouts.

Glenn