Multiple PSx Short Circuit Protection Respond to Track Short

nwsteamer

My club has a large layout, primarily consisting of two large concentric loops in an 'C' shape.  Each main is about 240 feet long.  There are no crossovers between the two mainlines.  The layout is divided into three power districts powered by one Digitrax DB-150 in each district.  The layout districts can be described as dividing into a left loop district, a central district, and a right loop district.  Facing the central district, as a cross-section, you see four mainlines.  Each center section mainline piece is powered through a PSx short circuit control unit from the one booster.  (Four PSx units.)  Each mainline does have some sidings, but again there is no crossover between the loops.

This summer, the center section track was relayed and rewired. Two additional PSx units were added to this section of the layout.  The project purpose was to improve track reliability and to rearrange the sidings.  This realignment has been in operation for three or more months.

When I "quarter test" one track,  four PSx units sound off.  When I test other tracks, two or three PSx units may sound off.  For each test of a track the same PSx units always sound off.  Test different tracks activates different sets of PSx units.

Other than just very bad wiring, can anyone give me a reason for wiring PSx units in parallel?  I think it can only defeat the purpose of the PSx units.

George