The issue is, depending upon how one switches that center diagonal track pair, one can easily end up bridging from normal-power main to the reversing section at both ends of the train, even with the augmented large reversing section as depicted.
But maybe I've found it.  See my new posting to files.  I think this works, satisfying the longest possible trains.  I added clarification info where necessary.

Blair Smith

On 2017-12-06 13:37, 'Vollrath, Don' don.vollrath@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:
Your operating description is a little hard to follow as there are no location names shown on the track sketch.
Also not sure if it is drawn to any scale or if there are other track extensions off to the right of either the upper or lower black stub tracks. Your saving grace is that the plan is to move only one train at a time. The only possible hooker is if you leave a steel wheeled car stuck in a gap at one end while you move the loco out the other end. The fix for that is to make track gaps large enough and fill them with plastic shaped to the railhead so that a steel wheel can never touch both sides of the gap at the same time. A loco is then free to traverse the gaps at the other end and let the A-R unit to do its thing.

On my home layout I got tired of playing with relay or track switched reversing controllers and put in an OGAR. It auto-polarity trips at ~4 amps and acts as a circuit breaker in the case of derailment. Works like a charm from my 5 amp booster. No headlight blinks or sound disturbances at either end.