KRMC radio dual band.

Darrin Lewis

Lets try again didn’t work so well on my phone

I’m trying to get the med 4 channel working on the UHF side at the KRMC hospital. When I push to talk the radio acts as if it’s transmitting but don’t know if it’s going out. It is going out on the VHF side on 315.

Med-4 is supposed to be a simplex frequency with a DPL of 172.

And I noticed that it is loaded with Buffalo county public safety frequencies. Like other med channels, law, fire, EM ETC. when the radio receives in the UHF side on the public safety frequencies, the display changes from amber to a blue like its hearing but no audio. There is audio on the VHF side on the 315.  

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Never be unaware of your Weather Surroundings AGAIN!! 

To register for cell phone / e-mail Emergency Alerts through texting and SMS.

Click Here to Register Today.

Darrin Lewis, Director

Buffalo County Emergency Management

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

Web Page;  https://buffalocounty.ne.gov/EMERGENCY-MANAGER

KD0HCX

From: w0ky@groups.io <w0ky@groups.io> On Behalf Of Darrin Lewis via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 3:46 PM
To: w0ky@groups.io
Subject: [w0ky] KRMC radio dual band. I’m trying to get the med 4 channel working on the UHF side. When I press to talk the radio acts as if it’s transmitting but don’t know if it’s going out. And I noticed that it is loaded with Buffalo county frequencies. Lik...

Brian T Schmidt

Looks like a cool radio. It has a MOM button so you can call her to get some more cookies for your go bag.:P

NI0P

Brian Schmidt

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------
On Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 at 4:05 PM, Darrin Lewis <em@...> wrote:

I’m trying to get the med 4 channel working on the UHF side at the KRMC hospital. When I push to talk the radio acts as if it’s transmitting but don’t know if it’s going out. It is going out on the VHF side on 315.

And I noticed that it is loaded with Buffalo county public safety frequencies. Like other med channels, law, fire, EM ETC. when the radio receives in the UHF side on the public safety frequencies, the display changes from amber to a blue like its hearing but no audio. There is audio on the VHF side on the 315.  

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

Subject: [w0ky] KRMC radio dual band. I’m trying to get the med 4 channel working on the UHF side. When I press to talk the radio acts as if it’s transmitting but don’t know if it’s going out. And I noticed that it is loaded with Buffalo county frequencies. Lik...

Ben S

Why not just yell up the stairs ;-)

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 6:04 PM Brian T Schmidt via groups.io <ni0p=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks like a cool radio. It has a MOM button so you can call her to get some more cookies for your go bag.:P

NI0P

Brian Schmidt

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

Mike Osterberg

I used to have one of these radios and I still have the programming cable so maybe I could bring my laptop to it and see what it has going on.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 4:06 PM Darrin Lewis <em@...> wrote:

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

--
Mike Osterberg KØVZ
President, Midway Amateur Radio Club WØKY
Kearney NE EN00kr
Assistant Director, ARRL Midwest Division
ARRL Volunteer Examiner
SKCC #4804

Ben S

If you haven't already you might listen to it on a Boafeng (or any HT) with the squelch open or opened the squelch (guessing with the MOM button) when listening on the 6188 RX.
It might just need updated squelch settings plugged in. It appears to be supported by Chirp open source programming software if you can come up with a programming cable.

Also have you tried it with/without the dinosaur present?

Ben KB0ZOM

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 6:53 PM Ben S <bschudel2@...> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 6:04 PM Brian T Schmidt via groups.io <ni0p=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

NI0P

Brian Schmidt

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

Mike Osterberg

Like I just posted, I have the cable and can hook it up and check out the settings.  Probably just needs some tweaking.

Not sure why Dino is lying there but if the station needs a mascot, so be it.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 7:06 PM Ben S <bschudel2@...> wrote:

If you haven't already you might listen to it on a Boafeng (or any HT) with the squelch open or opened the squelch (guessing with the MOM button) when listening on the 6188 RX.
It might just need updated squelch settings plugged in. It appears to be supported by Chirp open source programming software if you can come up with a programming cable.

Ben KB0ZOM

NI0P

Brian Schmidt

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

--
Mike Osterberg KØVZ
Kearney NE EN00kr
ARRL Volunteer Examiner
SKCC #4804

Ben S

Sorry Mike my browser hadn't refreshed before I sent out my last.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 7:17 PM Mike Osterberg <k0vzradio@...> wrote:
Like I just posted, I have the cable and can hook it up and check out the settings.  Probably just needs some tweaking.

Ben KB0ZOM

NI0P

Brian Schmidt

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

--
Mike Osterberg KØVZ
Kearney NE EN00kr
ARRL Volunteer Examiner
SKCC #4804

Darrin Lewis

So Mike what I would like to do is take the radio out of KRMC sometime today or tomorrow and get it to you so you can look at programming and perhaps do some bench testing before we put it back in KRMC or suggest they go in a different direction.

Will that work for you?

Darrin Lewis

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

From: w0ky@groups.io <w0ky@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Osterberg via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [w0ky] KRMC radio dual band.

Ben KB0ZOM

NI0P

Brian Schmidt

So what’s the issue.

Darrin Lewis  

Darrin Lewis, Director

2025 Ave. A

Kearney NE 68847

Phone (308) 233-3225

Fax (308) 233-5246

KD0HCX

--

Mike Osterberg KØVZ

Kearney NE EN00kr

ARRL Volunteer Examiner

SKCC #4804