Topics

SNMP module

Mike Terzo

This module hasn't been updated in 9 months. I've submitted a couple of merge requests without any response.

https://github.com/razorsedge/puppet-snmp

It's a great module just needs some polish for newer versions of puppet. If razorsedge is not interested in contributing anymore I would like to see this pulled into the community.

thanks,
--Mike Terzo

Joseph (Jy) Yaworski <jyaworski@...>

I second this.

--
Joseph (Jy) Yaworski

On September 6, 2016 at 22:22:43, Mike Terzo (mike@...) wrote:

This module hasn't been updated in 9 months. I've submitted a couple of merge requests without any response.

https://github.com/razorsedge/puppet-snmp

It's a great module just needs some polish for newer versions of puppet. If razorsedge is not interested in contributing anymore I would like to see this pulled into the community.

thanks,
--Mike Terzo

Bren Briggs

I am a user of this module and would like to see development continue for sure. Has anyone tried reaching out to the author?

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Joseph (Jy) Yaworski <jyaworski@...> wrote:
I second this.

--
Joseph (Jy) Yaworski

On September 6, 2016 at 22:22:43, Mike Terzo (mike@...) wrote:

This module hasn't been updated in 9 months. I've submitted a couple of merge requests without any response.

https://github.com/razorsedge/puppet-snmp

It's a great module just needs some polish for newer versions of puppet. If razorsedge is not interested in contributing anymore I would like to see this pulled into the community.

thanks,
--Mike Terzo

Bren Briggs

I would like to clarify that by "see development continue" I mean that I would prefer to see the current owner/maintainer continue maintenance or donate it.

By forking a potentially stale module, we are sending the message to the community that they need to maintain modules at a rate we set or else risk having their modules forked and developed by us instead, which is a situation I really want to avoid.

On Sep 7, 2016, at 12:06 AM, Bren Briggs <briggs.brenton@...> wrote:

I would like to clarify that by "see development continue" I mean that I would prefer to see the current owner/maintainer continue maintenance or donate it.

I agree.  I've attempted to reach out via PR messages.  Not that I'm a stalker or anything the user as active last month. Maybe a more direct approach should be tried.  Would the community want to make that approach?

By forking a potentially stale module, we are sending the message to the community that they need to maintain modules at a rate we set or else risk having their modules forked and developed by us instead, which is a situation I really want to avoid.

Yeah, that just seems a whole lot of evil.

On Sep 6, 2016, at 11:55 PM, Bren Briggs <briggs.brenton@...> wrote:

I am a user of this module and would like to see development continue for sure. Has anyone tried reaching out to the author?

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Joseph (Jy) Yaworski <jyaworski@...> wrote:
I second this.

--
Joseph (Jy) Yaworski

On September 6, 2016 at 22:22:43, Mike Terzo (mike@...) wrote:

This module hasn't been updated in 9 months. I've submitted a couple of merge requests without any response.

https://github.com/razorsedge/puppet-snmp

It's a great module just needs some polish for newer versions of puppet. If razorsedge is not interested in contributing anymore I would like to see this pulled into the community.

thanks,
--Mike Terzo

Hugo Deprez

Hello,

we are 2 years later, PR and issues are still numerous.
Still no plan for this module ?