RFC: Migrate IRC channel from Freenode to Libera

Hi people,
some of you might have noticed that the Ops team on Freenode changed.
For context here are a few resignation letters from the former Ops team:
*
https://gist.github.com/shadowcat-mst/998cea12794768bdb3da2daeff31baad#file-on-freenode-s-independence
* https://gist.github.com/joepie91/df80d8d36cd9d1bde46ba018af497409
* https://fuchsnet.ch/freenode-resign-letter.txt

There is also a counter statement from Andrew Lee, the owner of freenode
limited: https://freenode.net/news/freenode-is-foss

Many open source projects I follow and/or participate migrated to
https://libera.chat/ in the past days. That IRC network is run by the
former Freenode Ops team. I propose that Vox Pupuli does the same. To
prevent name hijacking I registered #voxpupuli on Libera and several
people already joined it (without officially announcing it).

Unless there are any concerns on the migration of our official channel
to Libera, I would like to update our docs/website and link to the
Libera network instead of freenode.

Cheers, Tim

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 04:26:53PM +0200, Tim Meusel wrote:
[...]

+1 from me. It looks like it already happened naturally but we should update our website (and other docs?) to match.

Julien Pivotto

On 25 May 09:37, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
[...]

+1

--
(o- Julien Pivotto
//\ Open-Source Consultant

john.r.bond@...

> I would like to update our docs/website and link to the
> Libera network instead of freenode.
+1

Bram Vogelaar

seems like the right thing to do

On Tue, 25 May 2021 at 20:37, <john.r.bond@...> wrote:
> I would like to update our docs/website and link to the
> Libera network instead of freenode.
+1

Gene Liverman

+1 from me too

---
Gene Liverman
Principal Site Reliability Engineer

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 9:58 AM Bram Vogelaar <bram@...> wrote:
seems like the right thing to do

On Tue, 25 May 2021 at 20:37, <john.r.bond@...> wrote:
> I would like to update our docs/website and link to the
> Libera network instead of freenode.
+1

Hi people,
we now have a blog post about our migration to Libera:
https://voxpupuli.org/blog/2021/06/12/voxpupuli-migrating-from-freenode-to-libera/

I also updated the rest of the website and the topic on the old freenode
channel.

Cheers, Tim

On 26.05.21 16:55, Gene Liverman wrote:
+1 from me too