Topics

Howto: puppet strings

Thomas Mueller <thomas@...>

hi

we've just published the first module with puppet-strings docs on
voxpupuli.org [3]:

https://voxpupuli.org/puppet-selinux/

There is a good example at [1] how to document your puppet
class/defined type.

Then you only have to run `bundle exec rake strings:generate` to
actually generate the documentation to docs/ (you need also the PR [2]
to be modulesync'ed or you need to change it yourself).

Github Pages then can serve the master branch docs/ folder on
https://voxpupuli.org/$repo/ . It has to be enabled on each repo.

- Thomas

[1] Upstream puppet-strings:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-strings

[2] Modulesync PR for Puppet strings:
https://github.com/voxpupuli/modulesync_config/pull/304

[3] https://github.com/voxpupuli/puppet-selinux/pull/172

David Hollinger

There also puppet-strings docs for puppet-autofs:

https://voxpupuli.org/puppet-autofs

Should we maybe add a page to voxpupuli.org with links to puppet-strings pages as they get published?

On 13.01.2017 16:35, @dhollinger wrote:
There also puppet-strings docs for puppet-autofs:

https://voxpupuli.org/puppet-autofs ( https://voxpupuli.org/puppet-autofs )

Should we maybe add a page to voxpupuli.org with links to puppet-strings pages as they get published?
yep, I already mentioned this in the IRC channel. Should we list all
modules with strings documentation at https://voxpupuli.org/docs/ ?

Thomas Mueller <thomas@...>

Am 13.01.2017 um 17:37 schrieb Tim Meusel:

On 13.01.2017 16:35, @dhollinger wrote:
There also puppet-strings docs for puppet-autofs:

https://voxpupuli.org/puppet-autofs ( https://voxpupuli.org/puppet-autofs )

Should we maybe add a page to voxpupuli.org with links to puppet-strings pages as they get published?
I think we should link them prominently in the modules README.md so
people find it on Puppet Forge and when visiting the Github repo. I
don't think there are much people going to voxpupuli.org to view module
documentation - I suspect nearly everybody surfs Github or Forge for
module informations.

- Thomas

PS: and the "Get in touch" information should be everywhere too. ;-)