Re: Modulesync Config 4.0.0

David Schmitt

Given that puppet5 is EOL RSN I wouldn't hold my breath for any new platforms being supported in that stream. Similarly with puppet7 being released, I expect little investment in adding new platforms to puppet6 going forward.

Cheers, David

On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 at 21:11, Tim Meusel <tim@...> wrote:
Hi people,

thanks for all the awesome work Ewoud!

Tiny update here: you might see failing tests on Ubuntu 20.04 with
Puppet 5. That's because Puppet does not provide packages for this
distro. The same applies for Fedora 33 on Puppet 5/6 and Fedora 32 on
Puppet 5, but we rarely have those in our metadata.json.

We already merged a few PRs where *only* acceptance tests fail for the
above mentioned platforms. IMO it's fine to continue with this until
Puppet provides packages / we figure out how do exclude those OS/Puppet
combinations from our test matrix.

cheers, Tim