Conversion from Travis CI to Github Actions

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden

Hello everyone,

I've started an effort to migrate our Puppet modules from Travis CI to Github Actions. The PR is open:

https://github.com/voxpupuli/modulesync_config/pull/683

I think I've mostly covered the CI part (relative straight forward conversion).

For releases I do have an open question. I would like to stop storing REFERENCE.md in git since it's a generated document. That means we need to at least generate it during releases. That's easy (call the right rake task), but a lot of modules aren't really documented in a way that puppet-strings does anything useful.

So option 1 is to always generate REFERENCE.md, no matter if it's garbage.

Option 2 is to keep REFERENCE.md in the repo but always regen it if it exists so it's up to date on release.

Option 3 is to add a modulesync option. 3a would be to make it opt-in and 3b to make it opt-out.

Maybe I missed another option.

I'd love to get some feedback on this. Not only about the release part, but the whole migration. Feedback on the PR would be a good place.