PDK 1.17.0 now available

Jesse Scott

Hello!

The Puppet Developer Experience team is pleased to announce the latest release of the Puppet Development Kit (PDK), version 1.17.0.

Highlights from the 1.17.0 release include:

- PDK functionality can now be modified by feature flags (which is going to be more notable when you get to the next bullet point). You can see what flags are available using the `pdk get config` command.

- PDK can now validate control repositories! This is a new feature and currently requires the `controlrepo` feature flag to be set. In a future release this feature will be enabled by default.

As of PDK 1.17.0 we are now packaging PDK for macOS 10.15 and have stopped packaging PDK for macOS 10.11 and 10.12.

Reminder: Since PDK 1.14.1, use of the PDK with Ruby versions prior to 2.4.0 is deprecated and a warning will be issued. PDK 1.17.0 is still fully functional back to Ruby 2.1.9 however we are projecting a PDK 2.0.0 release in early 2020 which will eliminate support for Ruby < 2.4.0.

You can review the full release notes at: https://puppet.com/docs/pdk/1.x/release_notes_pdk.html#release-notes-pdk-x.17

To install or upgrade to this new version, use your platform's package manager (see https://puppet.com/docs/pdk/1.x/pdk_install.html) or download the packages directly for Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms at https://puppet.com/download-puppet-development-kit.

Thanks!