[ANN] Puppet Development Kit (pdk) 1.0

David Schmitt

Hi folks,

After a few preview releases, we're happy to announce the availability of the Puppet Development Kit v1.0! The open-source PDK facilitates an easy, unified development workflow for Puppet modules, and should appeal both to newcomers and experienced developers.

Get the package for your platforms at the PDK download page, check out the docs and the code lives at puppetlabs/pdk.

The Puppet Development Kit makes it easier than ever to develop and test Puppet modules by providing a simple, unified interface to a set of helpful tools for anyone who writes or consumes Puppet code. Leveraging the Puppet Development Kit, it’s now possible to:

  • Quickly get started developing modules using best practices and new tools that enable you to create, test and publish high-quality Puppet modules with confidence

  • Shift quality to the left by catching issues earlier and faster before Puppet code is applied to live infrastructure

  • Unit test modules from your Windows or Linux workstation to ensure that Puppet code is creating and managing configuration resources as intended

  • Develop and share even more high-quality content for managing Windows environments

Join us for the Virtual Puppet User Group meeting, an online opportunity for you to learn about PDK from the comfort of your computer.  Rick Monro, our UX Designer, and I will present, and be available for Q&A.