Topics

moderated Synchronise Databases

Mike Steiner

Just wanted to say that, "Synchronize Databases" took way longer than I thought it should've taken, after reading what it said in the install PDF. It took well over 10 minutes for more than 6,000 QSO's. However the program is working great and I'm trying to enjoy the new features of JT Alert since I stopped with the old version.

73

Mike K7QDX

D S Smith <dss@...>

Hello all

I was pleased to see another user comment on the sync time, no issues here for time as 20000 + in log and a very useful resource.

Thank you again

73 David

MM0HVU

Privacy & Confidentiality

This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and

notify the sender immediately. All information is retained for the sole purposes of verification and identification & is securely deleted when verified in all cases.Mobile:07912871685

Mike Steiner

David,

Don't get me wrong... I was just surprised of how long it took, when it says less than a minute, and mine too awhile. Love the program, and now enjoying the new features that JTAlert add since stopped at 2.8.7.

73 Mike

K7QDX

I was pleased to see another user comment on the sync time, no issues here for time as 20000 + in log and a very useful resource.

Thank you again

73 David

MM0HVU

Privacy & Confidentiality

This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and

notify the sender immediately. All information is retained for the sole purposes of verification and identification & is securely deleted when verified in all cases.Mobile:07912871685

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Mike and David,

I am not happy with the times you quote and believe some work needs to be done on my part to improve the sync times.

During testing we were getting figures of a minute or two, with about 4000 QSOs.  However, my colleagues and I are using Microsoft SQL Server for the HRD Logbook database, and that may make a difference.  So, forgive me for being a little optimistic with my statement in the documentation

However, 10 minutes is way too long.  I will start profiling the Sync Database code and see what I can do to improve it, but it will take sometime (no pun intended).

In the meantime, it is only necessary to do a Sync Database just before you do a Scan Log and Update in JTAlertX to update its Wanted Alert requirements, which depending upon your operating habits might only be daily or even weekly.