Topics

QSO looging to latest HRD v780

f1vev@...

HI

did all as per book  all QSO are recorded  in the various logs and get looging prompt from JT alert  except  it is not looged in HRD logbook even with refresh.

went over everything UDPs etc  but for life of me cannot where  I meesed up  any help welcomed
--
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 18rc1 - JTalert 2.10.1 -  HRD 6.4.780 - Maria dB

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Jacques,

Can you please read the Reporting an Issue topic and provide me with the files I need to diagnose the problem?

Hi Jacques,

I got the files and from what I can see, your are experiencing a similar issue to that discussed in the HRD Logbook Accepts But Fails To Log Contacts topic.

What seems to have worked there was having an empty Access database open in HRD Logbook at the same time as the Maria DB database.

You might want to give that a try.  let me know how you get on.

f1vev@...

I have that and had it form day one  when HRD suggested that even before QSO relay came into being.  Now with prior version of JT alert all worked well until  latest version of JT alert

will dig into things later   Cheers Jacques
--
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.7 - JTalert 2.94 -  HRD 6.4.647 - Maria dB

Chris VK2BYI

Edited

According to the Session 20170827065143.log file you provided, the QSO with SP8AWL and sent by JTAlert, was received by QSO relay, was saved to the SQLite file used by QSO Relay, and then forwarded on to HRD Logbook which reported that it was successfully logged by HRD.  However, when QSO Relay tried to verify if the QSO was in the database, it could not find it after 10 attempts over 10 seconds.

This would suggest that the combination of JTAlert and QSO relay seems to be working fine, but HRD logbook failed to actually log the contact, despite reporting that it had.  The problem appears to be with HRD Logbook.

A reboot might help.  Good luck.

f1vev@...

Unfortunately It appears so  will see what HRD have to say ....  Thank you Chris
--
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.7 - JTalert 2.94 -  HRD 6.4.647 - Maria dB

Antony

Hi,
All my contacts are being logged as expected using all the latest program versions including the latest windows10.
As has been mentioned I had to produce an empty My Logbook-Access under the Maria DB.
Strange how there are differing outcomes from the same programs!
Having lots of fun with FT8.
Thanks to the developers of WSJT-x, JTAlert and of course QSO-Relay!
Regards,
Antony G4CUS

f1vev@...

hi Antony  I find it strange also  I have  had to go back to JT alert for the time being but when support stops again ??

I too have the My loggbook access under Maria dB  and this way before QSO R came into play .

Maybe a win10 Pro update  messed things up who knows  it not dramatic but anoying  and yes all the developers have done and are doing  a great

FT8 is fun indeed

PS I keep a snapshot of all my set ups for all soft  and nothing has moved changed  if I compare since hiccup

I will sort it out one day  when I can devout more time ................. roll on retirement :-)

Cheers
--
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.7 - JTalert 2.94 -  HRD 6.4.647 - Maria dB

f1vev@...

HI everyone, just an update on topic above

I took the opportunity of the new QSO Relay 1.6 and new GRD .787  to do a new install of QSO relay and all is now working fine  back to usual so not sure what happened on previous version mix but  all is  fine now

Thanks you all  Jacques
--
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.8 rc2 - JTalert 2.10.1-  HRD 6.4.787 - Maria dB QSO Relay  1.6

Chris VK2BYI

Glad to hear that Jacques, and you are most welcome.

f1vev@...

Hi Chris

HI unfortunately issue has cropped up again when using 1.7?

the contacts are logged in all files   but not transfered to HRD  the maria dB is ok  as coonect either through SQL or QSO Relay test I have sent the files.

Thanks Jacques
-- Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.8 rc2 - JTalert 2.10.1-  HRD 6.4.787 - Maria dB QSO Relay  1.7

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Jacques,

That is strange.  The only difference between 1.6 and 1.7 was in the code that handles 'cached' contacts.  But I have looked at your session log file, and you have no cached contacts - which is how it should be normally.  So there should be absolutely no difference between 1.6 and 1.7 for you doing the database sync.

The session log file you captured only shows an attempt to synchronise databases, but is does show a couple of errors:
  • Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.)
  • Authentication to host 'localhost' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Unknown database 'f1vev'
There is something happening that is causing the MySQL (MariaDB) connection to fail.  But I can see from your 'settings.config' file, that you have specified the MySQL connection correctly.

I can't reproduce the problem here - I have tested 1.7 with Access, SQL Server, MySQL and MariaDB, and they all work fine as long as I have an empty Access database open at the same time.

Unless someone else who is using MariaDB can add to this, all I can suggest is you reboot and try it all again.

Antony

Hi,
Had some QSOs yesterday on FT8 using the latest versions of HRD and QSORELAY and all were logged in my Maria dB OK.
Regards, Antony G4CUS

f1vev@...

Hi  Chris and Antony

Not much luck rebbot and re start from fresh still cam up with negative results  as described previously

Antony perhaps you can email me (QRZ)  so I can mail my settings to you ?

thanks Jacques
--
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.8 rc2 - JTalert 2.10.1-  HRD 6.4.787 - Maria dB QSO Relay  1.7

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Jacques,

I did check your settings.config file, and the MySQL <ConnectionString></ConnectionString> setting looks fine to me.  I don't think your problem is being caused by anything incorrect in the settings.  But let's double check:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<AppSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ReceiveIpAddress>127.0.0.1</ReceiveIpAddress>   <--- correct
  <ReceiveUdpPort>2333</ReceiveUdpPort>                <--- correct
  <HrdIpAddress>127.0.0.1</HrdIpAddress>                 <--- correct
  <HrdTcpPort>7826</HrdTcpPort>                                <--- correct
  <HrdDatabaseName>F1VEV</HrdDatabaseName>   <--- Is this the correct name (Title) of your Logbook database?
  <ConnectionString>Provider=MySqlProv;Server=localhost;User Id=root;Password=(hidden);Database=mysql;Port=3306;</ConnectionString>  <---  check your Username, Password, Database and Port
  <LogbookExtract>0</LogbookExtract>                        <--- correct (0 means all contacts will be extracted from HRD Logbook during a database sync.
  <SqliteFileName>C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\Roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay\My SQL F1VEV.sqlite</SqliteFileName>   <--- that is OK
  <AdifFileName>C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\Roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay\log.adi</AdifFileName>                                <--- check that you have the same filename selected in JTAlert for "Log File" under the "Standard ADIF File" setting
  <EnableTracing>false</EnableTracing>
</AppSettings>

So double check the settings in the Connection Properties:

For comparison, here is my settings.config file configured to work with my MariaDB installation which is working fine for me:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<AppSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ReceiveIpAddress>127.0.0.1</ReceiveIpAddress>
  <ReceiveUdpPort>2333</ReceiveUdpPort>
  <HrdIpAddress>127.0.0.1</HrdIpAddress>
  <HrdTcpPort>7826</HrdTcpPort>
  <HrdDatabaseName>Test Logbook - Maria DB</HrdDatabaseName>
  <ConnectionString>Provider=MySqlProv;Server=localhost;User Id=root;Password=(hidden);Database=mysql;Port=3307;</ConnectionString>  <--- I use port 3307 for my MariaDB installation, as I have MySQL installed on 3306
  <LogbookExtract>0</LogbookExtract>
  <SqliteFileName>C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay\My Logbook.sqlite</SqliteFileName>
  <AdifFileName>C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay\log.adi</AdifFileName>
  <EnableTracing>false</EnableTracing>
</AppSettings>

I do not know what is preventing QSO Relay from being able to connect to your MariaDB logbook database.  But I suspect the problem may lie with a problem with MariaDB.  Make sure the database is working.

Maybe you could try using the standard Access database which should be fine unless you have many 10's of thousands of contacts.

f1vev@...

Thanks Chriss all check out ok but no logging  plus now getting pop up cannot relayached contacts.   I will leave things for the moment  getting ready for RTTY contest.

wil see later with a fesh mind  many hanks for all your  help and to Antony as well

73s Jacques --
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.8 rc2 - JTalert 2.10.1-  HRD 6.4.787 - Maria dB QSO Relay  1.6

Alex, W3ALX

I have been experiencing the same problem, and I've checked all the things mentioned before and see same results in trace log. Earlier today I uninstalled HRD and removed its data folder and re-installed. I left the new access database alone and configure HRD for the Maria database. I double checked all the settings in JTAlert and QSORelay, then gave it a test. everything worked great. I made several contacts and they all logged successfully. I closed HRD, JTAlert and WSJT-X; then re-opened everything - FAILED. With the reports of others not having the problem using the same versions of HRD, HJAlert and QSORelay, I'm wondering if HRD is having issues with newer version(s) of MariaDB or MySQL ODBC driver. I don't think I've seen very many (if any) reports on the versions in play for those two pieces of the puzzle. Also, could 64-bit versus 32-bit of MariaDB potentially an issue for QSORelay?

73 to all --Alex
Yaesu FT-991A, Win 10 Pro, HRD 6.4.0.787, JTAlert 2.10.1, MariaDB x64 10.2.8.0, MySQL ODBC 5.3.9, QSORelay 1.7.6472.36182, WSJT-X 1.8.0-rc2

Chris VK2BYI

Edited

Thanks for your feedback Alex.

These sort of reports seem to be most often with MariaDB.  But my experience with MariaDB is no different than that with MySQL, which is they work.  I run SQL Server 2014 day-to-day, but that is because I worked with that for than 20 years before retiring.  But I do run several different tests on the various platforms before each release without problem.  That is why this is so frustrating.

As far as 32-bit/64-bit is concerned, I wouldn't have thought so.  HRD, WSJT-X, JTAlertX and QSO Relay are all 32-bit applications.  I have everything installed on my 64-bit development system, including 64-bit versions of SQL Server, MySQL and MariaDB.  I have no issues at all in connecting and testing against all of these database platforms,  apart from the occasional need to have an empty Access database open at the same time as a non-Access database.

Jacques' problem, according the session trace he sent, seems to be something to do with the actual connection - an error is generated: Unknown database 'f1vev'.  Usually the non-Access database issue where everything seems to work - except nothing gets written to the back-end database, doesn't generate any exceptions or error messages in the session trace files from memory.  Its like individual socks in my washing machine - the contacts just disappear without a sound or any trace!

f1vev@...

Hi Alex  and I thought I was the only one  having this ?
Chris  you are right that in the first  session trace I had the wrong logbook selected, Like Alex I rebuild all including logs , unlike alex mine never connected after rebuild  etc and this time entered the right  dabase name and  it connected so all is fine except for that final transfer  into HRD .

I now update HRD via a seperate  ADI import
CHeers Jacques
--
Ic 7300 -  Win 10 Pro  - WJSTX 1.7 - JTalert 2.10.1 -  HRD 6.4.647 - Maria dB

Chris VK2BYI

OK Thanks Jacques, that solves that mystery then regarding the unknown database 'f1vev'.

I am still at a loss as to why you can't get MariaDB to work at all though.

Having an empty Access database open when using a non-Access database, seems to have worked for most people except for you and Alex.

Cheers Chris