Topics

Problems

Mike Steiner

I just updated to JTAlert 2.10.5 and I don’t know what I did or what the problem is.

I got two errors and a problem.

The first error was the UDP ports weren’t matching supposedly when I launch the JTalert.

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.

  UDP Port : 2237

  IP Address : 127.0.0.1

  Values read from WSJT-X config file...

    C:\Users\k7qdx\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...

  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v1.8.0-rc3   by K1JT

  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

But now I just realized that I’m not getting any logging to HRD. When I ran the sync database I get the following error message:

Mscorlib

The process cannot access the file

C:\users\*****\AppData\roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay\contact.cache

Because its being used by another process.

I closed WSJT and JTalert and was able to re-snyc the database however my new contacts weren’t logged or moved over.

Mike K7QDX

Chris VK2BYI

The first error message is not related to QSO Relay.  It is JTAlert reporting that it cannot communicate with WSJT-X.  I have experienced the same error message a few times, but restarting JTAlert seems to correct the problem in my experience.  If it continues, you would be better off reporting that issue to HamApps support.

However, the second error is related to QSO Relay.  It is the operating system reporting that QSO Relay cannot write a contact to the cache file it creates when it cannot log it in HRD.  If your second attempt to Synchronise Databases... worked in QSO Relay, then any 'cached' contacts should have been logged in HRD and the cache file deleted.  If that is the case, and you are definitely missing the new contacts in HRD Logbook, don't worry they will have been written to the WSJT-X adi file which you can import into HRD Logbook:
  • Important: backup your HRD Logbook first by clicking on the Backup button on logbook tab toolbar.  Always backup before importing in case a mistake is made!
  • Find the location of the WSJT-X adi file by selecting Open log directory in the File menu in WSJT-X.  Make a note of the full path to the wsjtx_log.adi file;
  • Right-click on the HRD Logbook grid and select File->Import-ADIF (ADI) from the context menu;
  • Select the Ignore radio button in the Duplicates: option in the ADIF Import dialog.  This will ensure that HRD Logbook will ignore any contacts already logged, and only create the missing ones;
  • Click on the ellipses button (...) and browse to and select the WSJT-X adi file previously noted.  Click the Open push button and HRD Logbook will analyse the adi file and report the number of records and duplicate warnings;
  • When you click the Save To Database button, HRD Logbook will begin the import and create any contacts in the WSJT-X adi file that have not been logged into HRD Logbook.
If you are not happy with the results, you can always restore from the backup you created at the start.

Why all this happened after updating JTAlert to 2.10.5, I don't know.  When I updated JTAlert to 2.10.5, everything worked fine for me.

Let me know how you get on.  73 Chris VK2BYI