I just updated to JTAlert 2.10.5 and I don’t know what I did or what the problem is.
I got two errors and a problem.
The first error was the UDP ports weren’t matching supposedly when I launch the JTalert.
Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
UDP Port : 2237
IP Address : 127.0.0.1
Values read from WSJT-X config file...
WSJT-X Detected Instance...
Process Window Title : WSJT-X v1.8.0-rc3 by K1JT
Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"
Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.
But now I just realized that I’m not getting any logging to HRD. When I ran the sync database I get the following error message:
The process cannot access the file
Because its being used by another process.
I closed WSJT and JTalert and was able to re-snyc the database however my new contacts weren’t logged or moved over.
The first error message is not related to QSO Relay. It is JTAlert reporting that it cannot communicate with WSJT-X. I have experienced the same error message a few times, but restarting JTAlert seems to correct the problem in my experience. If it continues, you would be better off reporting that issue to HamApps support.
However, the second error is related to QSO Relay. It is the operating system reporting that QSO Relay cannot write a contact to the cache file it creates when it cannot log it in HRD. If your second attempt to Synchronise Databases... worked in QSO Relay, then any 'cached' contacts should have been logged in HRD and the cache file deleted. If that is the case, and you are definitely missing the new contacts in HRD Logbook, don't worry they will have been written to the WSJT-X adi file which you can import into HRD Logbook:
Why all this happened after updating JTAlert to 2.10.5, I don't know. When I updated JTAlert to 2.10.5, everything worked fine for me.
Let me know how you get on. 73 Chris VK2BYI