Topics

Not showing all contacts in delete box.

Bob Davet

Chris:

Thanks for looking into that for me.

I uninstalled QSORelay completely. I even deleted all files and folders.

Reinstalled it and created the appropriate files.

Synchronized the databases. Ran for 30-40 seconds.

When I pull up the Delete entry box I get the exact same info I did before. I am missing contacts. It stops at 2015. Nothing past that.

I have attached 3 files today for you to check out. I included the SQL file also.

Both the HRD and SQL files should be identical correct? If so, how do I check the SQL file? I have never used that type of file before that I know of.

Thanks

Bob

W8RID

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Bob,

I opened the Access and SQLite databases you provided and they both contain 1,258 rows.  So all of the rows that are in your Access database have been synchronized in QSO Relay.

I wrote two queries to break down the number of contacts per year for each database, and here are the results for Access and SQLite respectively:

As you can see the number of contacts per year are identical.  So I am confident that all of contacts have been sync'ed.

QSO Relay only selects rows from, and inserts rows into, HRD Logbook - it does not delete HRD rows.  The Delete Contact feature only deletes rows one at a time from the QSO Relay database.

So I would have to assume you may have accidently deleted all contacts made after the contact with VK3ERW on 2015-05-29 12:25:15.

HRD Logbook creates automatic backups of your database periodically, so you should be able to recover your lost rows if you can locate the archive made immediately before the data loss.

Bob Davet

Chris:

I have contacts that I made in 2016 and 2017 that do not show.

Why are these not there?

Bob

W8RID

[...]

My HRD logbook Shows all my contacts.

I will be sending you my last 2 backups. In a few minutes.

Bob

W8RID