Topics

moderated New to this group, install questions

Bob Davet

Just downloaded QSORelay and manuals.

Have it installed. Have my HRD logbook selected(access).

Have synchronized it and it worked.

Tried to pull of the delete entry section to just look and nothing comes up in that section.

What have I done wrong?? What settings have I not set up correctly??

I am running JTalert 2.8.7 right now. Did not want to upgrade till I knew that QSORelay was working.

I am running the HRD 6.4.0.647

Thanks

Bob

W8RID

Bruce VK2RT

You need to select "Synchronise Databases", this will then mirror your HRD Logbook in the SQLite database.

Bruce VK2RT

Bob Davet

Made the mistake of not creating the SQLite database. Now that I have that done It syncs and entries come up in the Delete Entry box.

But.......Not all of my calls are in there?? I have 1757 entries. That earliest is from 2007 and the last is from 2015. Where did all my 2016 and 2017 ones go?

My SQLite database is only showing 1128kb and the HRD log is showing 3216kb. I know that HRD is Access and SQLite is something else.

But where are all of my other entries?

Bob

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Bob,

They may be there.  You can re-sort the rows in the grid by clicking on the column headings - so if you click on QsoDate it will re-sort by date in one direction, and clicking again it will sort in the other direction.  That might help in finding them in the grid, but you may have already figured this out and they are missing.

It is already on our road map to add a search facility and row count to this dialog which will be in the next release.  You will then be able to more easily confirm if the sync brought all rows down from HRD to QSO Relay.

In the meantime, would you mind zipping up your HRD Access MDB file and emailing it to me, so I can try and reproduce the issue here?  I will keep your log private and destroy it afterwards.

Also, you could look in the AppData folder for the application - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay, and see if any exceptions have occurred during the sync.  If there is an exception log there (Exception yyyy-mm-dd.log), can you send it to me as well?

If the AppData folder is not visible in Windows explorer, you will have to select the Hidden Items control to make it become visible:

Hi Bob,

I have had chance to register your database in HRD Logbook and configure QSO Relay to work with it.  I then created a new QSO Relay SQLite database file and performed a database sync which ran for about 30 odd seconds.

Everything worked without issue - all of your contacts came down and without any errors or warnings.  So, at this stage I would suggest you re-boot/re-install QSO Relay and try again.

The next release will include an enhancement that will display the number of rows in the SQLite database in the Delete a Contact... dialog, along with a Search for Contact feature.

We are working on this release and hope to have it ready in the next couple of days time permitting.