Topics

More on Synchronizing DB

Morris WA4MIT

Hello

Chris I sent you an email about my attempts at synchronizing earlier today after installing your Relay software. After reading here about the other users and it taking a longer than expected time I decided to let the process run and it did for over an hour it was still going when I stopped it with task manager. This time it has installed 21000 of my HRD log of over 23000 contacts. What is in the Relay DB is all of my JT contacts and more so I may just let it ride. I can also report successfully using Relay tonight and logging 2 QSO`s into HRD 6.4.0.647 Chris this is just great. Appreciate greatly you sharing your programming skills with us. Chris do you know if I try to synchronize again will it resume where it left off or start again?

Thanks very much

73 Morris WA4MIT

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Morris,

Each time the sync process is run, QSO Relay has to compare all rows in both databases to determine the necessary changes to be made in the QSO Relay DB, so it still may take a significant amount time to sync on the next attempt.

It is possible that another process such as antivirus scanning software or Microsoft's Compatibility Telemetry service could have been running at the same as the sync and caused high disk I/O utilization, and your next scan might be a lot quicker, but with 23000 rows it may not.

It is more than obvious that I need to improve the performance of the sync process, so this will get my immediate attention and I hope I can make some substantial improvements in the coming days.  I am sorry, but you will have to bear with the slow grind in the meantime.