Topics

JTAlert shows incorrect log entries

Bruce Croskey

JTAlert logs perfectly into my HRD log without any problem and I sync the data base without any problem and then I scan and update JTAlert and it seems to work OK except it does not reflect the data in my HRD log...I have checked my log against my LOTW account in ARRL and all my contacts are there and verified and show correctly in my log but after scanning and updating, ... wanted states for example... it shows a different result and list states that are verified as not verified... What am I missing???
73, bc

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Bruce,

I am assume that before you Synchronize Databases, you have 'All Contacts' selected for the Logbook Extract in the QSO Relay options:

This means that your entire logbook will be extracted as an ADIF file for JTAlert to use for it's Scan Log and Update process.

If JTAlert is not correctly updating worked states, then you need to check the settings in JTAlert for Wanted US State.  It is not dependent upon QSO Relay.

You should seek support from the HamApps support group (Support@HamApps.groups.io) for more detailed assistance.

73 Chris
VK2BYI

Bruce Croskey

Yes I have it selected as you pointed out.... I feel a little caught in the middle as you say contact JTAlert and JTAlert says contact you....it is easier for me to update JTAlert manually by clicking on the states as I work them... some computer some paper and pencil.... works for us old school folks hi hi

Bruce Croskey

I tried entering new QSO's in the HRD log from states I need...Did the sync then went to JTAlert and did the scan.... none of the entries show as worked....I ran the synchronise log and notice that all the entries are the same no matter what session I look at...I did find an older one and am sending you the screenshot... it does no show ant state data isthis why I cant get the states worked updated??

Chris VK2BYI

No, this is simply the session trace reporting what contacts QSO Relay has extracted from HRD Logbook and is only displaying those fields that make a contact unique - i.e. Time On, Call, Band and Mode.  There are too many columns in the extract to list them all in the session trace file.

Maybe it will help if I go through this step by step...

This is the current status of my Wanted US State - I need ND, NE, VT and WY.

• I add a QSO for a Vermont station in HRD Logbook using the call W1ZU, making sure that the State column is populated correctly in Logbook;
  • I enable a session trace so I can verify that the new contact is being extracted;
  • I select Synchronize Databases... menu option in QSO Relay;
  • I can see the contact for W1ZU that I just added is in the session log:
      2017-09-12 12:42:03.8899 Begin transaction
      2017-09-12 12:42:03.8899 Time On: 2017-09-12 02:39:44, Call: W1ZU, Band: 20m, Mode: RTTY
      2017-09-12 12:42:03.8934 Time On: 2017-04-03 05:09:00, Call: 4W/YB3LZ, Band: 20m, Mode: JT65
  • I can also check the ADIF file written by QSO Relay, and the full details of this contact is in the very last record in the ADIF file (I have highlighted the STATE field):
    <CALL:4>W1ZU<QSO_DATE:8>20170912<TIME_ON:6>023944<TIME_OFF:6>023944<FREQ:9>14.074000<FREQ_RX:8>0.000000<BAND:3>20m<BAND_RX:0><MODE:4>RTTY<RST_SENT:3>599<RST_RCVD:3>599<GRIDSQUARE:6>FN34ll<DISTANCE:5>16116<RX_PWR:1>0<TX_PWR:3>120<A_INDEX:2>11<K_INDEX:1>3<SFI:2>80<COMMENT:0><NAME:16>Scott R Anderson<QTH:14>Essex Junction<CQZ:1>5<ITUZ:1>8<PFX:2>W1<STATE:2>VT<DXCC:3>291<COUNTRY:13>United States<CONT:2>NA<MY_GRIDSQUARE:6>QF55mx<MY_CQ_ZONE:2>30<MY_ITU_ZONE:2>59<STATION_CALLSIGN:6>VK2BYI<QSO_COMPLETE:1>Y<QSLRDATE:8>20170912<QSL_RCVD:1>N<QSLSDATE:8>20170912<QSL_SENT:1>N<EQSL_QSLRDATE:8>20170912<EQSL_QSL_RCVD:1>N<EQSL_QSLSDATE:8>20170912<EQSL_QSL_SENT:1>N<LOTW_QSLRDATE:8>20170912<LOTW_QSL_RCVD:1>N<LOTW_QSLSDATE:8>20170912<LOTW_QSL_SENT:1>N<EOR>
  • I open Scan Log and Update in JTAlert, but you will see that although I have enabled the Wanted US State scan, I have set confirmation required by eQSL or LoTW before JTAlert will update the wanted status:

• Because this contact has not yet been confirmed in HRD Logbook, after all it is just a test contact, I will temporarily check the No QSL Confirmation (Any Worked Station) checkbox, so that confirmation is not required and so JTAlert should update the wanted status:

• I now perform a Scan Log and Update in JTAlert so that it will scan the ADIF file and update my Wanted Alert requirements;
  • After the scan completes and I apply the changes, I check Wanted US State and now VT is no longer wanted and is unchecked:

Perhaps you should check the settings on the Wanted US State scan and make sure that Enable this Scan is checked, and that you have set either No QSL Confirmation is required, or confirmation is required by one or more methods before the status will be updated in JTAlert.

I hope this helps.

73 Chris
VK2BYI

Bruce Croskey

Edited

I did exactly as you did above...and I see the QSO entry in the session log, I did the sync, I selected No QSL and did the scan when the scan finished, I see that all the tracked bands are highlighted in green and ALL say states needed is 50 and Previous is the correct number.... the scan is not seeing the log. When I use JTAlert it adds QSO's to the log perfectly including the address but when I scan, it seems to ot see the log at all.

Bruce Croskey

I found it !!!!! Thanks for all the help.. you are the greatest and I paypaled you

Chris VK2BYI

Ah, that is great news Bruce!

I am glad you find the software useful, even if the journey has taken a little longer than you would have liked.

Thank you very much for the contribution.

73 Chris

Bruce Croskey

For the record, it still does some strange things, but to make it work I sync the log then turn the computer off and restart it then run the scan..If I don't do that, it does not read the log and marks everything as not worked... I have JTAlert set to track any mode and thought that that would mean that if I reset it to show JT65 ot FT8 or digital it would show those correctly but that is not the case... it shows those as snot worked even though any mode should include that info too... oh well, not being a computer guy, I just live with the mysteries hi hi
73, bc