Topics

Synchronize Database; QSO Relay

Peter Demas

I installed JT Alert and QSO Relay for auto logging of JT contact into HRD using JT Alert, and WSJT-X.

When I got to the step of “synchronizing databases from QSO Relay, I got an error saying I had duplicate entries in my HRD log book.  If found and deleted the duplicate entires, but when I run the “Synchronize database”, I get the same text message and error with the same calls identified as duplicates, even thorough I have removed the duplicates from the Log Book from HRD by deleting them..  I cannot get past this step.

Suggestions to resolve?

Thanks

W2PJ

Chris VK2BYI

Each and every time you 'Synchronize databases', QSO Relay will check the HRD Logbook database for duplicate contacts.  That is, where there are more than one contact with the same QSO Date, Time On, Call, Band and Mode.  If any duplicates are found, the QSO Date, Time On, Call, Band and Mode details are reported in the 'Sync Report yyyymmddhhmmss.txt' file in your Documents\QSORelay folder.

You have to carefully check that you have found and deleted all duplicate contacts, without deleting the single, original contact that you wish to keep.  After you think you have deleted all duplicates, try the 'Synchronize databases' option before you log any more contacts.  If you get the duplicate warning again, then you must still have some duplicates remaining.  If you don't, then you should be good to go.

Let me know how you get on after carefully checking and retrying.

In the meantime you can send me your settings file and I will take a look at that.  The settings file is called 'settings.config' and it can be found in the C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay folder.

Peter Demas

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 09:50 pm, Chris VK2BYI wrote:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\VK2BYI\QSORelay folder
Chris here is the settings file attached.  I actually deleted the suspect file(s) completely i.e., no duplicate because I intentionally deleted both, yet when I run the Sync. it still says that both call have 2 duplicate entries.  When I check the log book from HRD, they are no longer in the log book at all!!  I figured I would delete them altogether and then add them back if I could get the log book to Sync.  I attached the .txt file as well..

Peter Demas

Here are the files

Peter Demas

2018-01-20 18:40:09.6125   Time On: 2008-08-11 03:44:40 Call: HR7REA     Band: 20m    Mode: USB    Duplicates: 2
2018-01-20 18:40:09.6125   Time On: 2011-01-13 05:28:00 Call: 7P8JW      Band: 40m    Mode: CW     Duplicates: 2

When I originally opened the log book, there were duplicates for the two calls sings above on the date provided in the .txt file. I deleted both entries completely from HRD from HRD by deleting "4" QSOs, but still get the same .txt file when I run the Sync. I have searched the DB for the two calls and there are no more occurences.
Thanks Chris for your help. Off to bed!
73
Pete - W2PJ

Peter Demas

Chris - Have you had a chance to review the settings that II sent above o make any recommendations for me?
Thanks
73
Pete - W2PJ

Chris VK2BYI

I am sorry Peter for taking so long to reply.  I have had an ill family member and haven't had much spare time for all things related to ham radio.  But she has now made a full recovery, and I can now return my attention to ham radio! :)

Most of your settings look fine to me, but I think you have the Connection String property pointing to the wrong Access database file.

The connection string setting you have (Provider=MS Access;Data Source=C:\ProgramData\HRDLLC\HRD Logbook\HRD My Logbook.mdb;) specifies an Access database file located in the ProgramData folder structure.  However, I believe it should point to an Access database file located in the AppData folder structure with a full pathname like C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\HRD Logbook\HRD Logbook.mdb as described on page 14 of the QSO Relay documentation.

There is also a document on the QSO Relay page called "Configuring QSO Relay for Microsoft Access Databases" that you can read, which explains this in more detail and how you can determine the full pathname of the Access database with the 'My Logbook' title in HRD Logbook.  I believe you will find that the 'My Logbook' logbook database is C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\HRDLLC\HRD Logbook\HRD Logbook.mdb.

Let me know how you get on.

Peter Demas

Thank you Chris!  That was it!  Hope everyone is feeling better now at home!
73
Pete

Chris VK2BYI

Your are most welcome Peter, and thank you for your kind words.  All is good now.  73 Chris.