Topics

JT Alert Scan Log & Update

zs6wn@...

HI Chris e.a.

First of all thank you for this excellent program. It makes life a lot easier. I was about to jump ship from HRD to Log4OM or DXKeeper but just could not muster the courage to do it.

I installed all the latest versions (QSORelay, JTDX, HRD, etc) and all work FB, thanks.

However, I did am usual JTAlert Scan Log & Update and now all QSO's shows as New DXCC, -continent, zones, etc.

I checked the documentation but maybe I'm missing something.

How do I fix this? (I obviously cannot directly scan the HRD log anymore).

Or is there some work around?

73 es GL de ZS6WN

Karel

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Karel,

Before you Scan Log and Update in JTAlertX, you need to do a similar thing with QSO Relay - it is the Synchronise Databases option on the menu.  This brings down a fresh copy of your HRD Logbook into the QSO Relay database, and then it updates the ADIF file that JTAlert is using for logging.  Then when you can Scan Log and Update in JTAlert, it is using the latest copy of your HRD Logbook data.

If you have done that, and it is still not showing up in JTAlert, then it sounds like the download from HRD Logbook is not working.  So take a look at the Configuring QSO Relay for Microsoft Access Databases document in the files section, as I refer to that document here...

There are two data flow paths in QSO Relay:

  1. The first is that taken by contacts being uploaded to HRD Logbook which is configured by the settings circled in Figure 2 in this document.  You will know if that is correctly configured if your contacts are popping up in HRD Logbook as you log them from JTDX/JTAlert;
  2. The second data flow is the complete HRD Logbook download that occurs during the Synchronise Databases operations.  That requires the settings circled in Figure 3. in this document to be correctly configured.  You will know if that is correctly configured if all of your HRD Logbook rows are being downloaded.  Check the last Sync Report file in your Documents/QSORelay folder, and make sure the numbers of rows synchronised in QSO Relay is the same as the number of rows in HRD Logbook.So pay particular attention to getting the Connection String setting in the QSO Relay Options dialog correct, and make sure it is accessing the same .MDB file that your contacts are kept in within HRD Logbook.

Obviously, it is also necessary that JTAlert and QSO Relay are referring to the same ADIF File that JTAlert is using for Standard ADIF File logging and that JTAlert and QSO Relay are using the same UDP Port values of 2333 for the Last QSO API in JTAlert, and the Incomping UDP Port number in QSO Relay Options.

zs6wn@...

Hi Chris, tnx a lot.

I followed the instruction before my post but just to be sure I double checked and all was exactly as per your instructions.

I sync the database once again and then all was fine as before.

What went wrong earlier this week seems a mystery (in IT terms "a hidden feature").

Thanks for your patience.

73 de ZS6WN

Karel

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Karel,

Thanks for the feedback and you are most welcome.