Frequency Error


I noticed the following problem when using Relay QSO:
-The log in a QSO made on 15 meters, 21.076, noticed that the frequency passed to the HRD Logbook was 21.47.483.647 format and on the 13 cm band.
Obviously there's something wrong. Any help will be welcome.

73, Clovis- PY3OG

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Clovis,

The QSO data coming from JTAlertX contains the Freq value in MHZ as per the ADIF standard.  It is stored in the QSO Relay SQLite file as KHz which is how Log4OM stores it, and it is relayed to HRD as Hz which is how is it stored there.

We cannot reproduce the problem you report, and no other users have reported anything similar as well.  So all I can suggest at the moment is that the frequency was not obtained correctly from your transceiver via CAT control by WSJT-X.

You could open the WSJT-X log directory by selecting 'Open log directory' from the 'File' menu, and open the 'wsjtx.log' file and see what frequency was logged there for that QSO.  Here is a sample from my 'wsjtx.log' file:

    2017-Apr-03,05:09,4W/YB3LZ,PI21,14.078307,JT65,-17,-17,,JT65  Sent: -17  Rcvd: -17,

And here is the same contact from my 'wsjtx_log.adi' file:

    <call:8>4W/YB3LZ <gridsquare:4>PI21 <mode:4>JT65 <rst_sent:3>-17 <rst_rcvd:3>-17 <qso_date:8>20170403 <time_on:4>0509 <band:3>20m <freq:9>14.078307 <station_callsign:6>VK2BYI <my_gridsquare:6>QF55mx <comment:26>JT65  Sent: -17  Rcvd: -17 <eor>

As you can see the frequency is in MHz, and it was for a 20m contact on a calcuated RF frequency of 14.078307 MHz (my rig was tuned to 14.077).  This has been converted to 14077 KHz and stored in the QSO Relay SQLite file, and was then converted to 14077000 HZ and stored in HRD Logbook which is displayed as 14.077.000.

If you wish, you can send my your 'wsjtx.log' or 'wsjtx_log.adi' files, along with the QSO Relay SQLite file and I will take a look for you.

73 Chris


Hi Chris,

Here a few elements to try you see the problem.

MY WSJT_LOG.ADI   (1 line)

<call:6>PY3ADQ <gridsquare:4>GF38 <mode:4>JT65 <rst_sent:3>-01 <rst_rcvd:3>-01 <qso_date:8>20170503 <time_on:4>0138 <band:3>20m <freq:9>14.077005 <station_callsign:5>PY3OG <my_gridsquare:6>GF38uf <comment:17><eor>



73, Clovis- PY3OG

Bruce VK2RT

Thanks for the feedback Clovis

This may be an issue with Windows Regional Settings where a comma "," is being used as the Mhz separator as shown in the WSJT-X frequency window. In our case the Windows Regional Setting is a dot ".".

We are currently investigating this issue now Clovis.

DE Bruce VK2RT


Yes Bruce!

This is an issue with Windows Regional Settings. I have changed the comma "," for  a point "." and all is ok now.

Many thanks!

73, Clovis- PY3OG

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Clovis,

I am glad to hear that you have resolved the issue.

However, we have a fix in place to handle the comma as well as a full stop in the next release.  So you will be able to revert to the comma at that time if you prefer.

We will announce it in this forum when the next release is ready.

73 Chris