Topics

Installed QSO relay with JTAlert, WSJT-X and HRD V6 but nothing get loaded into HRD

Roel Vreeburg

Hi Chris,

Installed QSO relay last week, everything seems to work fine but the HRD Logbook is not being updated.
I have checked everything I could. Re-installed software, looked at the experiences of other users, but no luck so far.
One thing I noted is that you are stating that 7826 is the standard port for the Logbook MSAccess connection. In my case is should be 7825 as that is how the Logbook network server address and the DM780 address are set when installing. Or this is my mistake and the 7826 port has another source... Anyway, I have tried leaving everything as is, and changing all to 7826. DM780 does get to the Logbook when using the same port number, however this does not make a difference for the QSO relay app unfortunately.
I have to mention that I am using Win4Icom, which is also connecting to HRD V6 using a build in server. This might be the conflict.

But now I am stuck with options. Hope you can advise me what to do.

I have a Windows 10 Professional installation on my HP Zbook.

Best regards,

Roel PA3RNV

Chris VK2BYI

Port 7826 is the Logbook API port that implements a proprietary command line interface that allows third party applications like QSO Relay and JTAlert to add contacts to the Logbook using TCP.  Port 7825 is a completely different interface that uses XML packets sent using UDP to log contacts from DM-780.  You must use 7826 as the port number for the Logbook TCP port in QSO Relay, and you should reset the port to 7825 in DM-780.  In hindsight, I should not have made the Logbook TCP port setting in QSO Relay editable.  It should have been read-only, or not displayed at all, as I don't believe the port number can be changed in Logbook.

Please refer to the YouTube video or documentation, both of which are available from www.vk2byi.com, for further information.  You need to use Standard ADIF File logging in JTAlert, and refer to the QSO Relay Settings and Data Flow topic in particular for an overview of the data flow..

If you would like me to take a closer at what might be happening, please read the Reporting an Issue - MUST READ topic for the steps to take to capture a session during an attempt to log a contact.

I should also mention that QSO Relay is no longer required to log contacts from JTAlert to Logbook.  Later versions of JTAlert support direct logging to Logbook via the HRD V5/V6 setting.  This was not always the case in the past which is why QSO Relay was developed.  So you can try using direct logging from JTAlert to Logbook, and close down QSO Relay to see if that helps.

Roel Vreeburg

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your very quick response.
The HDR documentation seems to mis these kind of details on available ports numbers etc. I got confused on the 7825 and 7826 and suspected a typo as HDR did not show new logs from WSJT-X. So I tried. Wrong idea :-)
But you have clarified that bit.

I am using QSO relay because of the many blogs on internet talking about this combination and the need for QSO relay. But I understand your point and will remove QSO relay and see if that setup works with the JTalert setup for HDR6.

Thanks so far. I will test this next week. If I am not succeeding, I will send you the QSO relay logs.

Again thanks and 73.

Roel (PA3RNV)