Topics

Installed QSORelay but does not run

Selwyn Cathcart ZL2BJO

Hello,

A Newbe here...I have a WIN10 platform which I downloaded and installed the latest version of QSOrelay. Installation went well as per the docs, have a short cut on my desktop but clicking the short cut icon to start, nothing appears to happen, no icon appears in the system tray. I have tried to run in the administrator mode but no difference except the user account page comes up and I clicked YES. I do not have open any of the other components ie WSJT-X or JTAlertx.
Anybody any ideas please?

Thanks

Selwyn

w6mko

Open WSJT and JT alert and see what happens.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 4/9/18 15:38 (GMT-08:00)
To: vk2byi-qsorelay@groups.io
Subject: [vk2byi-qsorelay] Installed QSORelay but does not run

Hello,

A Newbe here...I have a WIN10 platform which I downloaded and installed the latest version of QSOrelay. Installation went well as per the docs, have a short cut on my desktop but clicking the short cut icon to start, nothing appears to happen, no icon appears in the system tray. I have tried to run in the administrator mode but no difference except the user account page comes up and I clicked YES. I do not have open any of the other components ie WSJT-X or JTAlertx.

Thanks

Selwyn

w6mko

Sorry, if I remeber corectly QSORelay opens when Jtalertand wsjt are running, I only open those programs and QSO Relay runs on its own.  I'm not at home so I cant walk you through it.

Scott
W6MKO

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 4/9/18 15:38 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: [vk2byi-qsorelay] Installed QSORelay but does not run

Hello,

Thanks

Selwyn

Chris VK2BYI

Edited

Hi Selwyn,
If there isn’t enough room in the system tray to display the QSO Relay icon, Windows will hide it by default.  If you click on the white up arrow in the system tray, the overflow area will pop up and reveal any hidden icons:

If you find the QSO Relay icon (the white arrow in the red circle) there, you can ‘drag’ it down to the system tray to keep it visible like I have done.

Also, you can check if QSO Relay is running in the background by opening Task Manager and select the Processes tab.  Scroll down under the Background processes heading and look for QSO Relay (Tip: press the ‘Q’ key as a short cut to finding any processes with a name starting with ‘Q’).

73 Chris
VK2BYI

Selwyn Cathcart ZL2BJO

Thanks heaps Chris…you are right on the money.

Thank you very much.

Thanks also to Scott for his suggestion.

From: vk2byi-qsorelay@groups.io [mailto:vk2byi-qsorelay@groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris VK2BYI
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 01:26 PM
Subject: Re: [vk2byi-qsorelay] Installed QSORelay but does not run

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi Selwyn,
If there isn’t enough room in the system tray to display the QSO Relay icon, Windows will hide it by default.  If you click on the white up arrow in the system tray, the overflow area will pop up and reveal any hidden icons:

If you find the QSO Relay icon (the white arrow in the red circle) there, you can ‘drag’ it down to the system tray to keep it visible like I have done.

Also, you can check if QSO Relay is running in the background by opening Task Manager and select the Processes tab.  Scroll down under the Background processes heading and look for QSO Relay (Tip: press the ‘Q’ key as a short cut to finding any processes with a name starting with ‘Q’).

73 Chris
VK2BYI

Chris VK2BYI

You are most welcome, Selwyn!

The desktop shortcut created by the QSO Relay installation can be copied into the Windows start-up folder so that the program is automatically launched each time Windows starts up.  Copy the Desktop shortcut into the following folder:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

73 Chris
VK2BYI