moderated Re: Synchronise Databases

Chris VK2BYI

Hi Mike and David,

I am not happy with the times you quote and believe some work needs to be done on my part to improve the sync times.

During testing we were getting figures of a minute or two, with about 4000 QSOs.  However, my colleagues and I are using Microsoft SQL Server for the HRD Logbook database, and that may make a difference.  So, forgive me for being a little optimistic with my statement in the documentation

However, 10 minutes is way too long.  I will start profiling the Sync Database code and see what I can do to improve it, but it will take sometime (no pun intended).

In the meantime, it is only necessary to do a Sync Database just before you do a Scan Log and Update in JTAlertX to update its Wanted Alert requirements, which depending upon your operating habits might only be daily or even weekly.