my favorite classic Christmas decorations

carlos@...

Hello All,

Better late than never, I wanted to post photos of one of my favorite Christmas decorations.  On Flower Street, just east of Alvernon, every year there are strings of lights hung from what might be amateur radio towers.  These are seriously tall towers, and a LOT of lights.  My photos don't do them justice.  I have no idea how they put the lights up. They have been hanging these lights for as long as I can remember, maybe back in the 80's??   There is an amateur radio group that meets in a community room at my local YMCA.  I'll ask them if they know anything about them.

It's not too late to share about one of your favorite classic displays that have been around awhile.

The photo album is here:

https://groups.io/g/vanishingtucson/album?id=237083

Thanks,

Carlos