Re: migration to Groups.io has begun!

Terry Morton

Hi, Carlos,

This is Terry Morton in Chicago. I’m from Tucson. Born and raised. I’m a longtime member and would like to remain in the group. However, my email addresses have switched over the years and I’m not sure how Groups.io will work and if email addresses will be focal. Just want to make sure I’m able to both migrate over and know that I have and will be able to access the content and have the content access me.

Would you request an updated email address from me?

Thanks,
Terry

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 10:42 PM mistercopacetic@... [vanishingtucson] <vanishingtucson@...> wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks to all of you for your calls, messages here, and e-mails off-board about the impending demise of Yahoo groups. Fear not! I have begun the process of migrating the group to Groups.io.  It is a much better platform.  It might take a while to get used to, but I'm really excited about this.  Watch your email over the next few days for instructions, if any.  Thanks for your patience through this process, as well as your toleration of Yahoo's decreased functionality over the last year.  Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted.

As soon as we complete the transfer, I'll give you an update on the upcoming VanishingTucson podcast, VanishingTucson tours, and other things I've been working on quietly behind the scenes.

By the way, let me take a moment to thank you ALL for your participation and continued interest over the years.  Can you believe It's been 15 years, 1300 members, and 8000 messages? Wow!  I'm looking forward to the future!

Gratefully,

Carlos

P.S.  I heard from Rudy!  He says hi. More later.

Join vanishingtucson@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.