Topics

Cinnamon Ice Cream - French Custard Style

Phoenixbird

Cinnamon Ice Cream – French Custard Style Recipe adapted from and with thanks to The Pioneer Woman

Servings: 6 servings

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups milk

3/4 cups sugar

1 cinnamon stick

1 vanilla bean scraped with pod reserved

1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt

4 egg yolks

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Instructions

Combine the milk, sugar, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean seeds and vanilla bean pod in a medium size saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk together and heat it until it is very hot, but not boiling. This should take about 5 minutes.

While the milk is warming, add the egg yolks to a large mixing bowl and whisk them vigorously, for 2 minutes, until they are lighter in color.

Remove the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean pod from the hot milk and discard. Place the whisked eggs next to the stove and slowly drizzle in about 1/3 cup of the hot milk while constantly whisking. Repeat with another 1/3 cup of the hot liquid. When this is mixed in, slowly pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the remaining milk, while stirring with a spoon. Stir and cook it for about 2-3 minutes, until the liquid is thick enough to coat the spoon.

Set a mesh strainer over a glass bowl and carefully strain the custard. Add the heavy cream and the ground cinnamon to the bowl and stir it together. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably until it is cool.

Pour into the ice cream machine and process according to your machine's instructions. When the ice cream is finished it will be soft serve consistency. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and chill for a few hours for firmer ice cream. Enjoy!

https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/cinnamon-ice-cream-custard-style-recipe/

[https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/cinnamon-ice-cream-cone-4.gif]<https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/cinnamon-ice-cream-custard-style-recipe/>

Cinnamon Ice Cream - French Custard Style | barefeetinthekitchen.com - barefeetinthekitchen.com | A family cooking and food blog housing over 1200 recipes with photographs and easy-to-follow instruct<https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/cinnamon-ice-cream-custard-style-recipe/>

Cinnamon Ice Cream is a sweet vanilla custard style ice cream spiced with enough cinnamon to linger after each bite. I’m already imagining serving this with my favorite fruit desserts.I can hardly wait to try it with Southern Peach Cobbler this fall! Until about a week ago, I’d never even heard of cinnamon ice cream, but once a friend mentioned it, it was stuck in my mind and I had to try ...

barefeetinthekitchen.com

(From Ire Tag (Irene))