Topics

Candy Cane Chocolate Mini Loaves by Christine

Sugar Lopez

                Candy Cane Chocolate Mini Loaves

“christine”

Makes 8 mini loaves (6 slices each)

Source: Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2020

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter, softened

1-2/3 cups packed brown sugar

4 large egg whites, room temperature

2 large eggs, room temperature

3/4 cup strong brewed coffee

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt

1/4 cup canola oil

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract

3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup baking cocoa

1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1-1/2 cups buttermilk

1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips

TOPPING:

2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted

3 tablespoons crushed candy canes

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Coat eight 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg whites, eggs, coffee, yogurt, oil and extracts until blended.

In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to brown sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.

Transfer to prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

Drizzle melted white baking chocolate over loaves. Sprinkle with crushed candies.

_._,_._,_

- - Winnie the Pooh

🙏, 😘

-Sugar