Topics

CP Homemade Gingerbread Latte

Sugar Lopez

CP Homemade Gingerbread Latte

Happy Wednesday, Slow Cookerers!

It's wet and rainy and sloppy and cold here today.

I know, I know.

Where you are it's MUCH COLDER and I'm a wussy Californian.

;-)

Whatever. I'm still cold!

How will I heat myself up?

I'm so glad you asked! I will make a batch of Gingerbread latte --- HEAVILY caffeinated for myself, but I'll make it without the caffeine for the kids.

This is easy to make and is a fun Wednesday morning or chilly afternoon hot beverage.

You probably already have EVERYTHING in the house for this, which really means it's a win-win.

and you should tip yourself $4.25!

:-)

Homemade Gingerbread Latte

serves approx 4

4 cups milk (cow's, almond, soy, rice, hemp, etc. is just fine.)

1/2 cup white sugar (I like Baker's sugar because it dissolves nicely)

you can also use your favorite sugar substitute like estivia etc...

2 teaspoons ground ginger

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

cinnamon stick, whipped cream for garnish (optional)

1/2 cup strong black coffee, or a freshly-brewed shot of espresso

The Directions.

I used a 4 quart crockpot, you could get away with going as small as a 1.5 to 2 quart.

Put the milk into your crockpot, and whisk in the dried spices. Don't add the coffee.

Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or high for 1-2. The milk should be quite hot, but if your crockpot tends to get hot enough to boil, keep an eye on it. Don't let the milk boil.

Pour over hot coffee or espresso.

Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick.

The Verdict.

These are wonderful. Very, very tasty. The kids each had a cup of the warm milk mixture with whipped cream and were delighted.

Adam didn't get to try any, but I did save my mug for him to smell.

I'm thoughtful that way.

ENJOY!!

Happy Slow Cooking! stay warm and cozy!

- - Winnie the Pooh