5-Ingredient Chewy Coconut Macaroons
These delicious, chewy coconut macaroons are a quick and easy
treat you can enjoy anytime. Actual cooking time may vary
slightly, so check after 10 minutes the first time you make them
to prevent over-browning.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 8-10 macaroons
2 large egg whites
3 T. honey
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1 c. shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/4 t. salt
1. Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat
oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with a piece of
parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet and set aside.
2. Using a hand mixer, briskly beat the egg whites until stiff
peaks form. Gently fold the honey, vanilla, coconut, and salt
into the egg whites with a spatula until thoroughly combined. Do
not overwork, but it may require a few folds for the ingredients
to start to incorporate with one another.
3. Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared
baking sheet, leaving plenty of space in between to prevent
4. Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the
cookies become golden brown on top and around the edges, around
5. Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
"Speak in such a way that others love to listen to you.
Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you."