VANBCBIRDS firstname.lastname@example.orgFor sharing bird sightings in the Metro Vancouver area and the sharing and respectful discussion of birding-related topics, including upcoming bird walks.
Rule 1: "THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE BIRDS ALWAYS COME FIRST". Please abide by the American Birding Association's Code of Ethics at: www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
Rule 2: Please do not post the location of sensitive birds or bird nests that may be negatively affected by the presence of many birders and/or photographers, especially OWLS.
Rule 3: We recommend not posting sightings of owls or other sensitive birds on eBird, social media or photo-sharing sites, until AFTER the sensitive bird has left the area. In eBird you can check off “Hide from eBird output”, then uncheck it after the bird has left.
Rule 4: Please sign all posts with your first/last name and city, with directions to the non-sensitive birds you're reporting.
Good luck birding!
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]