Changes to the site this week:
- SYSADMIN: Upgraded the main database instance.
- BUGFIX: For groups without subgroups, you can now go to https://groupname.groups.io, and it will redirect correctly.
- BUGFIX: Fixed escaping of special characters in search query strings.
- BUGFIX: Fixed two bugs in the DKIM verifying library we use.
- BUGFIX: The 'Bulk Remove' button was being shown to some moderators who didn't have the right permission to use it (they were not able to actually use the feature).
- NEW: Added a section to the Help about the FBL and people being removed because of spam.
- NEW: When viewing a subgroup where you aren't subscribed, but you are a mod/owner of the parent group, the tag on the sidebar will now say 'Parent Mod' or 'Parent Owner'.
- CHANGE: Tweaked the sidebar width in certain instances, making it a little larger.
- BUGFIX: Disabled the 'Subscribe to Calendar' button for subgroups where you are not a subscriber (but are owner of the parent group).
- CHANGE: Parallelized updating the DNS servers to speed subgroup creation up.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a problem with repeating event reminders that could cause some of them to not be sent.
- BUGFIX: Fixed some labels on the group settings page for screen readers.
- CHANGE: Added wording on Display Name edit pages: "Note: When you post, your email address is also shown to group members who receive messages via email."
- NEW: On the pending message screen, if you use the Approve & Unmoderate Button to approve messages from non subscribers, a dialog will now pop up telling you that these people cannot be unmoderated (because they're not members).
- CHANGE: Upgraded Go toolchain from 9.4 to 10.3. This unexpectedly broke several parts of the web site that dealt with uploading files. Fixed.
- SYSADMIN: Upgraded main bastion host.
- CHANGE: Don't fig leaf email addresses when viewing source.
- NEW: Adding Authentication-Results header line showing DKIM/SPF tests. Only visible when viewing message source in the archives.
- SYSADMIN: Renewed *.groups.io ssl certificate.
- CHANGE: When posting a message, ignore returns clicked when editing the subject.
- BUGFIX: When viewing or editing an individual database row that has a date column, the date displayed would always be today.
- BUGFIX: When viewing or editing an individual database row that has an empty date column, the date displayed would always be today.
Have a good weekend everyone.